1/1 Photo of Low Carb Chicken Casserole
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
My SO is doing low carb, and even those not doing low carb know that pasta is a big no - no. But sometimes even " low carbers " crave a casserole that's full of cheesy goodness. ;) So, I decided to try to come up with a recipe that was low in carbs and still fit the bill for cheesiness.For the chicken seasoning, I used Weber's Grill Creations " Kick' N Chicken " seasoning. But you can use whatever chicken seasoning you have on hand.And as always with my recipes, you can adjust the amount of seasoning as you like. Submitted to " ZAAR " on May 21st, 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower, thawed and set aside
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a skillet large enough to hold chicken, melt margarine over medium heat.
- 3Add chicken and sprinkle with chicken seasoning, stirring well to coat.
- 4Cook chicken until no longer pink and slightly browned, set aside.
- 5To make the Cheese Sauce:.
- 6In a medium sized sauce pan, melt margarine over medium/low heat.
- 7Add flour and cook until lightly browned, and stir in milk a little at a time until slightly thickened.
- 8Stir 1 1/2 cups cheese into milk, to get desired thickness or thinness you might want to add a bit more milk .
- 9Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10In a large bowl, add cauliflower,chicken, and cheese sauce.
- 11In a greased 2 quart baking dish, add the cauliflower mixture.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining cheese,and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.4
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 565.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: