Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Check the labels on the canned black beans. Carbs can vary between the brands. I found one type that only has 33 net carbs per can.
- 1 -2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Mix ingredients together in a large pot except sour cream.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream before serving.
- Serve with low carb pita chips.
This was really good. I doubled the recipe and added a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies and a small amount of leftover corn. I don't know how much that added to the low-carbiness, but it was deelicious!
Made this pretty much as given, although I did cut back on the amount of chili powder & cayenne pepper even those those amounts weren't huge! Also when a recipe calls for drained black beans, & usually also rinse 'em, & that's what I did here, too! The result was a very flavorful, comforting bean soup, & a recipe that I'll be keeping! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]