Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A "calzone" for those watching their carb intake. Use a low-carb tortilla or lavash to wrap up the filling - just remember to add those grams when counting your carbs. They have NOT been added in the nutrition info here.
- 4 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 1 sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Spread pesto in a thin layer on a low- carb tortilla (3g. net carbs).
- Place tomato pieces evenly over one half.
- Dollop ricotta over the tomatoes.
- Place chicken evenly over ricotta.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over chicken.
- Carefully slide the open-faced sandwich into a heated skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook until tortilla is softened, then fold the "empty" half over the chicken half.
- Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for a minute, then uncover and carefully flip the "calzone" over to the other side.
- Cover and cook 1 more minute, till hot and cheese is melted.
- Slide "calzone" onto a serving plate and spread the tomato sauce over the top.
- Using a 3 net carb tortilla or lavash, this "calzone" has just over 7 net carbs.
This was good -- though I used diced chicken instead of shredded, just because that is what I had. Served on a tortilla. Quite tasty and very simple.