Recipe by sunsetseer
I had cooked chicken in the freezer and wanted something pasta-like without boiling pasta. I make this every couple weeks and the leftovers heat up nicely for lunches.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cabbage (green is best)
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 4 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 package)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (light cream is an alternative)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice thinly the cabbage, onion and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy frying pan under medium high heat with about 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. (I use regular olive oil).
- Put in the vegetables and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once they start to fry turn down the heat somewhat.
- Add the frozen spinach and cover to let steam.
- Chop the cooked chicken and the cream cheese into cubes.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add the chicken, cream cheese.
- and the cream or chicken broth or both!. Keep the cover on.
- Stir fairly frequently for about 5 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted. Do not boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.