I had cooked chicken in the freezer and wanted something pasta-like without boiling pasta. I make this every couple weeks and the leftovers heat up nicely for lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice thinly the cabbage, onion and pepper.
- 2Heat a large heavy frying pan under medium high heat with about 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. (I use regular olive oil).
- 3Put in the vegetables and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 4Once they start to fry turn down the heat somewhat.
- 5Add the frozen spinach and cover to let steam.
- 6Chop the cooked chicken and the cream cheese into cubes.
- 7Once the vegetables have softened, add the chicken, cream cheese.
- 8and the cream or chicken broth or both!. Keep the cover on.
- 9Stir fairly frequently for about 5 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted. Do not boil.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chicken and Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 288.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 18.1 g