Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This would be lovely for a brunch or a light supper if served with a green, leafy salad
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- Brown the sausage with the mushrooms, onion and celery; drain well.
- Place in a greased 9 1/2-10" pie plate (do not use a smaller plate or it will overflow-if you don't have that size, use an 8x8" or 11x7" baking pan).
- Mix in chicken and cheese.
- Beat eggs, cream, seasonings and parsley, if using.
- Pour evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes until set in the center and nicely browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.