Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Low Carb Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 3 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks.
- Sprinkle chicken with a bit of salt and pepper and cook in a skillet over medium/high heat with a bit of butter/olive oil (or your preferred oil) until no longer pink in the center.
- While the chicken is cooking, steam or cook broccoli according to package directions. I like to steam it and keep it slightly crisp. Put butter into the drained broccoli and salt it a bit.
- Put the buttered broccoli in the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Combine the cream of chicken & mushroom soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, the herbs and seasonings, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese into a bowl. Add the chunks of cooked chicken.
- Pour and spread chicken mixture on top of the broccoli, and top with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Sprinkle lightly with curry powder. (it's easy to go overboard -- very lightly!).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 40-45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Yum! Hope you enjoy this easy chicken casserole recipe.