1/1 Photo of Low-Carb Chicken and Bacon Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
I made it the first time because I was craving something that was sort of like a chicken cordon blue, but with bacon, broccoli and provolone, since that's what I had in the fridge! I also wanted it to be a casserole so my wife could make it when she got home from. So I made it in the morning, put it in a baking dish in the fridge and they cooked it up when they got home. If you're not a big fan of mustard, certainly reduce it, or omit it altogether, it should still be just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2Cut bacon into 1" pieces and fry until mostly crisp.
- 3Cut chicken into cubes and cook in a frying pan until it is no longer pink.
- 4Place chicken and bacon into a bowl, and put in the fridge to cool.
- 5In a mixing bowl combine broth, cream, mustard, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6When chicken and bacon has cooled most of the way, stir in shredded cheese and broccoli.
- 7Place chicken mixture into a casserole dish, then pour sauce over the top.
- 8If cooking immediately, place in oven and bake 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- 9To refrigerate for later, cover dish with tin foil and place in fridge. When ready to cook, pull casserole out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 350. Bake, covered for 30 minutes, then uncover dish and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the food is hot all the way through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Carb Chicken and Bacon Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.9
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 210.7 mg
- Sodium 1165.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 64.6 g