Recipe by GingerlyJ
I got this from the show Blaine's low Carb Kitchen.. I like how they substitute bread for lettuce but still keep that Chicago taste
- 6 large leaves from one head romaine lettuce
- 6 turkey hot dogs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pickle, diced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- celery seed (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill Hot Dogs in a cast iron pan over medium heat until brown on all sides with grill press.
- While dogs are cooking dice tomatoes, jalapenos, onion and pickle. Place toppings in bowl.
- Rinse Romaine lettuce and pick out the best leaves. Trim bottom white off of leaves and place leaves on plate.
- Top leaves with one hot dog, tablespoon mustard and 2 tablespoons of topping mixture (save remaining topping for future use). Garnish with celery seed and cheese.