I'm pretty much on a low-carb for life diet and have been for several years so I'm always looking for new recipes and new ideas for something tasty AND that fits within my personal dietary guidlines. This recipe turned out really good and has unlimited options (i.e. beef sausage, hot dogs, chopped ham, chopped up spam or throw in your favorite veggie..) so feel free to get creative with it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop in 1/2 again.
- 2(If uncooked, first cook according to package directions until SLIGHTLY browned.).
- 3Put cooked cauliflower into 2 quart casserole dish. Add cooked meat and mix.
- 4Melt all remaining ingredients (using 1/2 of the shredded chedder cheese) except for paprika in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (Use a wisk and stir constantly.).
- 5Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower and meat.
- 6Sprinkle remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
- 7Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes (watch-just until golden brown on top).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Cheesy Smoked Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.5
- Calories from Fat 659
- Total Fat 73.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 203.8 mg
- Sodium 1960.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 34.5 g