Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I'm pretty much on a low-carb for life diet and have been for several years so I'm always looking for new recipes and new ideas for something tasty AND that fits within my personal dietary guidlines. This recipe turned out really good and has unlimited options (i.e. beef sausage, hot dogs, chopped ham, chopped up spam or throw in your favorite veggie..) so feel free to get creative with it!!
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I prefer beef sausage)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- vegetables, any you want to add would also work if you prefer, I like mushroom
- Cut smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop in 1/2 again.
- (If uncooked, first cook according to package directions until SLIGHTLY browned.).
- Put cooked cauliflower into 2 quart casserole dish. Add cooked meat and mix.
- Melt all remaining ingredients (using 1/2 of the shredded chedder cheese) except for paprika in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (Use a wisk and stir constantly.).
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower and meat.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes (watch-just until golden brown on top).
I made this tonight and my husband and I both liked it a lot. It was easy to make and it turned out quite well. I didn't have cauliflower so I subbed broccoli and it turned out fine with it. I ended up making 1.5 times the amount of sauce because I thought there wouldn't be enough sauce but I would recommend following the recipe as written because I think there would be enough sauce. <br/><br/>Thanks for an easy one-dish meal.