Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Frozen broccoli can be subbed for the fresh broccoli.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked cubed ham
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Clean broccoli and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place in 4-quart pan with chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cream, ham, salt, pepper, cheese and butter.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, adding 1/2 to 1 cup water if it seems too thick.
This soup was pretty good and easy to make; a good use for leftover ham. I just wish it were thicker. I used fresh broccoli, and I added chopped onion to the simmering broccoli. I only has 1 cup of cream to use, and the soup was still not thick at all. I'll make this again, but I'll melt the butter and add some flour to it before stirring it in. Thanx for this recipe.