Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My sister-in-law served this at our family cabin this summer. It was a big hit. If you're on a low-carb diet, this is a very friendly dish for you. It tastes great for those of us not watching carbs too!
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast (whatever cut you like)
- 10 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 -4 cloves garlic
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 6 slices provolone cheese or 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Put the meat in the crockpot.
- Add water until the roast is almost covered.
- Add the worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and garlic.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Meanwhile, stir fry or cook the veggies on the grill (the peppers and onions) until tender.
- Shred the meat when it's ready.
- Pile it on a plate.
- Top with veggies and cheese.
- Then microwave for a minute or so until the cheese is melted.
Very good! I only used a little bit of water, and should have left out all the salt, I only put a little bit in and it didn't need it, but it was wonderful, my whole family enjoyed and I will be making it again!
Very very yummy! I did not add the salt. Added onion powder. Only used 1/4 cup of water only because I never use over that much. Served it with Green Beans. We all enjoyed and will have many more times!! Thanks for posting.