Recipe by Mina in Toronto, ON
I've been searching for a low carb cheesecake since I've given up sugar and so, using ideas from different recipes, I came up with this one. I made it with raspberry jello and then I pureed a 1/2 pint of raspberries with some Splenda (add to your taste) and a tsp. of gelatin. Then I spread it on the cheesecake before chilling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour (crushed almonds)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free jello, any flavour
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 16 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Cool Whip Lite
Directions See How It's Made
- Almond Crust:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the almond flour, butter and sugar substitute in a bowl. Spray 8x8 square pan (or pie plate) with cooking spray, and press this mixture evenly into the pan.
- Place this crust in a preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden browned and slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan. Remove the crust from the oven, and let it cool while you make the filling.
- Cheesecake Filling:.
- Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool and slightly thickened (20-30 minutes).
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the Jello to the cream cheese, and mix really well. Add Cool Whip 1/2 cup at a time until well blended. Add the sugar substitute until blended. Spread the mixture in the pan or pie plate and chill for a couple of hours.
- This recipe is very versatile. Use different jello flavour or add more or less sugar substitute or use juice instead of water or fold fresh or canned fruit into the cheesecake filling.