Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This crust works nicely with "Beachgirl's LowCarb Cheesecake". The nuts can be chopped rather than ground into meal for a crunchier consistency.
- 591.47 ml ground almonds (or pecans or walnuts)
- 29.58 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 59.16 ml melted butter
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder, for a chocolate nut crust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place nuts in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground into a meal.
- Add Splenda, butter and cocoa powder (optional) pulse to combine.
- Transfer nut mixture to a 9" springform pan and gently press to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes Remove from oven and cool.
- Fill with your favorite lowcarb cheesecake batter and bake according to cheesecake recipe directions.
This is a GREAT recipe - thank you for sharing! I actually halved it (and admitted the cocoa powder) to make a smaller cheesecake, but you absolutely don't miss the graham cracker crust. I may even use this crust moving forward - whether I'm on South Beach or not! One thing I did differently, was broiled the crust for an extra 1-2 minutes, and that put it in the freezer to set before I put on the topping. Would be a great crust for a key lime pie or chocolate mousse, as well!
I've made this a couple of times--I'm not low-carbing right now but I have a severe wheat intolerance. This lets me have my cheesecake and eat it too! I used it in a pumpkin cheesecake, with walnuts, and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. Yummy!!!
I really didn't like this at all. The crust was meh, & I had to add 1 more cup of almond meal to make the crust thicker. The cake had a poor consistency & didn't rise up too high.. The taste was ok, but would never serve to guests.