This crust works nicely with "Beachgirl's LowCarb Cheesecake". The nuts can be chopped rather than ground into meal for a crunchier consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place nuts in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground into a meal.
- Add Splenda, butter and cocoa powder (optional) pulse to combine.
- Transfer nut mixture to a 9" springform pan and gently press to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes Remove from oven and cool.
- Fill with your favorite lowcarb cheesecake batter and bake according to cheesecake recipe directions.
I've made this a couple of times--I'm not low-carbing right now but I have a severe wheat intolerance. This lets me have my cheesecake and eat it too! I used it in a pumpkin cheesecake, with walnuts, and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. Yummy!!!
This is a GREAT recipe - thank you for sharing! I actually halved it (and admitted the cocoa powder) to make a smaller cheesecake, but you absolutely don't miss the graham cracker crust. I may even use this crust moving forward - whether I'm on South Beach or not! One thing I did differently, was broiled the crust for an extra 1-2 minutes, and that put it in the freezer to set before I put on the topping. Would be a great crust for a key lime pie or chocolate mousse, as well!
Love this. I make my own low carb cheesecake and this is just what it needed to take it over the edge. Hubs has lost 40 pounds on South Beach and I have lost 15. Thank you for a great, versatile recipe. Tastes like a real crust.