Recipe by CinLin
This crust works nicely with "Beachgirl's LowCarb Cheesecake". The nuts can be chopped rather than ground into meal for a crunchier consistency.
Top Review by cckarl
This is a GREAT recipe - thank you for sharing! I actually halved it (and admitted the cocoa powder) to make a smaller cheesecake, but you absolutely don't miss the graham cracker crust. I may even use this crust moving forward - whether I'm on South Beach or not! One thing I did differently, was broiled the crust for an extra 1-2 minutes, and that put it in the freezer to set before I put on the topping. Would be a great crust for a key lime pie or chocolate mousse, as well!
- 2 1⁄2 cups ground almonds (or pecans or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for a chocolate nut crust (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place nuts in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground into a meal.
- Add Splenda, butter and cocoa powder (optional) pulse to combine.
- Transfer nut mixture to a 9" springform pan and gently press to form a crust on bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes Remove from oven and cool.
- Fill with your favorite lowcarb cheesecake batter and bake according to cheesecake recipe directions.