Recipe by Likkel
My family loves this soup, especially on one of those rainy, cold days that we have so many of during the winter in Western Washington. They don't even mind that it's low carb!
Top Review by sassyschu
Delicious! My whole family loves it! Update: I've made this a few times now and to speed it up a little I bake the bacon in the oven (actually this is the only way I cook bacon anymore). Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, broken into small pieces
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups heavy cream (for lower fat, use half 'n half or non-fat half 'n half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (for lower fat, use lite or non-fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the hamburger in a Dutch Oven, then drain the meat and set aside.
- Brown the bacon, in the same Dutch Oven, drain it, and then return both the bacon and hamburger to the pot. Add the celery, onions, and carrots. Saute until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add basil, broth, broccoli, cauliflower and cook until vegetable are just tender.
- Then add the cheese, heavy cream, pepper, and salt and stir until the cheese melts.
- Turn off heat and add the sour cream.