Recipe by MNLisaB
A low carb but not low fat version of a quiche using meat as a crust. It's actually pretty tasty and can definitely be used during an induction phase of a low carb diet.
Top Review by denisemichele
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! Especially if you are low-carbing. My entire family loves this and requests it every week. even our youngest children (8 and 9) love this recipe. For added spice add some hot sauce or crushed red pepper. My teens love to put ketchup, mustard and pickles on top, sounds odd but it tastes just like a fast food burger, with out all the carbs! Thank you!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*, Brown ground beef in skillet with onion and garlic.
- Drain off fat and mix in crisp crumbled bacon.
- Mix well to break up any large clumps.
- Press this mixture in the bottom of a deep dish pan or plate.
- Combine eggs, mayo,half and half and mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese over beef crust mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over the beef mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350*, until browned and set.