Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 3 net carbs, 4 total carbs, 1g fiber, 49g protein, 29g fat, 500 calories
- 2 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and drained (1/3 cup)
- 2 (5 1/4 ounce) packageslaughing cow herb and garlic flavored spreadable cheese
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped fresh
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, divided
- 4 lbs center cut pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, subsitute (low carb, like thick-it-up)
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Heat oven to 450*F.
- Combine spinach, cheese, walnuts, thyme, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Slice pork loin almost in half crosswise, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- Open up like a bok and lay loin flat.
- Spoon stuffing along bottom half of loin.
- Fold loin closed, covering stuffing.
- Use kitchen twice to tie roast together.
- Brush top and sides of roast with oil and season with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Set roast on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Transfer to oven, reduce temp to 350*F, and roast until done to taste, about 55 min for medium.
- Transfer roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain pan drippings and discard excess fat.
- Return drippings to pan.
- Add thickener, wine, and broth to the pan juices and cook over med heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens, about 5 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove twine from roast and cut into 1/2-inch slices; serve with pan sauce.
We made this last night & it was great!!!! The only problem was that my roast was still partially frozen & it took Forever to cook! (Finally sliced off a couple of slices & microwaved them). I will do this again & will be great to fix for company.