2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 35 mins
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 3 net carbs, 4 total carbs, 1g fiber, 49g protein, 29g fat, 500 calories
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and drained (1/3 cup)
- 2 (5 1/4 ounce) packages laughing cow herb and garlic flavored spreadable cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped fresh
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, divided
- 4 lbs center cut pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, subsitute (low carb, like thick-it-up)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1Heat oven to 450*F.
- 2Combine spinach, cheese, walnuts, thyme, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3Slice pork loin almost in half crosswise, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- 4Open up like a bok and lay loin flat.
- 5Spoon stuffing along bottom half of loin.
- 6Fold loin closed, covering stuffing.
- 7Use kitchen twice to tie roast together.
- 8Brush top and sides of roast with oil and season with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- 9Set roast on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 10Transfer to oven, reduce temp to 350*F, and roast until done to taste, about 55 min for medium.
- 11Transfer roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, strain pan drippings and discard excess fat.
- 13Return drippings to pan.
- 14Add thickener, wine, and broth to the pan juices and cook over med heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens, about 5 minute.
- 15Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 16Remove twine from roast and cut into 1/2-inch slices; serve with pan sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Cheese-Stuffed Pork Roast - 3 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.7
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 207.5 mg
- Sodium 783.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 74.1 g