Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
If low carbers are missing potato and bacon soup, this is a good substitute.
Top Review by Cyn2bnvd
I used this as my starting point. I added half a bag of frozen cooked broccoli, 7 oz shredded cheddar cheese, and used two cups of homemade chicken stock instead of the bullion cubes. I food processed the cauliflower, chicken stock, broccoli, onion, cheese, cream, salt. I sprinkled bacon and cheese on top when I served it. Very tasty. I think the cheese and broccoli were good additions.
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 ham bouillon cube (bacon is better, if you can find it)
- 3 cups water
- 2 slices bacon, thick-sliced and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate cauliflower and cut into small pieces. Boil with chicken & bacon stock until very tender. Fry bacon until crisp, place on paper towel to drain. Saute onion in bacon fat until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Place onion and cooked cauliflower in food processor with some of the broth (how much broth depends on how thick you want it). Add butter and cream and pulse until creamy. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cooked bacon and cheese and serve.