I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Pinch Of. Note: I had to guesstimate the flaked almonds as 30g (1oz) because I forgot to weigh them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 180 g blanched almonds, ground (6.3 ounces)
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or equivalent)
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut (I was a bit heavy handed and probably used around 3/4 cup) or 2/3 cup finely shredded coconut (I was a bit heavy handed and probably used around 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (2 American tablespoons and 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 200 g butter (7oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond essence
- 1Melt butter and allow to cool.
- 2Blanch and grind almonds, this is a good opportunity to make a big batch so you have extra for other recipes. See this thread for tips on blanching and grinding almonds: Nut Meals and Flours.
- 3Preheat oven to 180 C (350F).
- 4Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium to large bowl. In a smaller bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and almond essence then add the butter mixture and whisk well. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir, this will be a sloppy batter.
- 5Next either grease or line a metal springform pan or use silicon. I used the silicon and it worked fine for this. Pour mixture in and spread evenly then sprinkle almond flakes over the top of the cake.
- 6Chuck in oven for about 40 minutes or until cake springs back slowly. Let cool in pan.
- 7Notes: Belinda recommends that you eat this at room temperature or slightly warmed, though it still tastes good cold just chewy like candy. Keeps in the fridge for up to a week (won't last that long!) and freezes well for 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Buttery Almond and Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.8
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 159.1 mg
- Sodium 273.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g