Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Pinch Of. Note: I had to guesstimate the flaked almonds as 30g (1oz) because I forgot to weigh them!
- 180 g blanched almonds, ground (6.3 ounces)
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or equivalent)
- 2⁄3 cup desiccated coconut (I was a bit heavy handed and probably used around 3/4 cup) or 2⁄3 cup finely shredded coconut (I was a bit heavy handed and probably used around 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (2 American tablespoons and 2 teaspoons)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 200 g butter (7oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond essence
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Blanch and grind almonds, this is a good opportunity to make a big batch so you have extra for other recipes. See this thread for tips on blanching and grinding almonds: Nut Meals and Flours.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350F).
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium to large bowl. In a smaller bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and almond essence then add the butter mixture and whisk well. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir, this will be a sloppy batter.
- Next either grease or line a metal springform pan or use silicon. I used the silicon and it worked fine for this. Pour mixture in and spread evenly then sprinkle almond flakes over the top of the cake.
- Chuck in oven for about 40 minutes or until cake springs back slowly. Let cool in pan.
- Notes: Belinda recommends that you eat this at room temperature or slightly warmed, though it still tastes good cold just chewy like candy. Keeps in the fridge for up to a week (won't last that long!) and freezes well for 3 weeks.