Recipe by mersaydees
This is a based on a recipe in my Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker Recipe Booklet using the low-carb cycle. This is so delicious and healthy! Love it! The default instructions are for the 2 pound large loaf; I've listed quantities for the 1 1/2 pound medium loaf in parens. I cannot vouch that this recipe will work in a bread machine without the low-carb cycle.
Top Review by Annette Rognerud
My Cuisinart bread maker recipe book had a couple typos for this recipe. It turned out much better after finding this recipe. I can't find barley flour in our town, so I substituted rye flour and it turned out good.
Thanks for posting!
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk, 80 -90 F (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons honey (1 tablespoon)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup vital wheat gluten (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup barley flour (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup almond flour (1/2 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy protein (2 tablespoons)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flax seeds (2 tablespoons)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons) or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients, in the order listed, in the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle. Place the breadpan in the Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker. presss Menu and select Low Carb.
- Choose medium crust setting, or to taste. Select dough size.
- Press Start to mix, knead, rise and bake. When cycle is complete, remove bread to wire rack to cool. Bread slices best when allowed to cool.