Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These burgers are very tasty! You don't have to be a low-carb person to enjoy them. I serve them on the whole grain sandwich thins instead of a bun. The meat mixture will be wet but will hold together when grilled.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped with leafy top
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic, cloves finely chopped
- 2 lbs ground chicken (or turkey)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 whole grain buns
- lettuce, shredded
- In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the celery, garlic, onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Mix the chicken, dill, poultry seasoning into the vegetable mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper. Form into 6 patties.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, only turning once until firm, about 15 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet to melt and mix in wing sauce. Add the patties back into the skillet and turn to coat, spoon sauce onto top of patty then top with blue cheese then cheddar slice. Cover skillet, turn heat off and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Toast sandwhich thins, top each patty with lettuce and enjoy!