Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A rich and yummy broccoli salad that even non-low carbers will enjoy!
Make and share this Low Carb Broccoli Bacon Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, finely chopped (raw, about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (1/8 teaspoon plus 16 drops of liquid Splenda)
- 12 ounces bacon, chopped and fried until crisp,drain on paper towels
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (optional-peanuts or cashews may also be used)
- Put the broccoli and onion in a large bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and Splenda; pour over broccoli and mix well.
- Just before serving, stir in the bacon and sunflower kernels.
This was excellent. I left out the sunflower seeds as I didn't have any but it was still really good. Great sweetness for when you have a sugar craving!
I really liked this! I thought it tasted so much better than the deli's version of broccoli raisin salad! I used peanuts instead of sunflower seeds, just because that's what I had. I think sunflower seeds would be better. Thank you! =]
This was very good and easy to make. We really enjoyed this. Made exactly as written.