Sometimes I need a quick grab and go breakfast that doesn't jeopardize my low carb eating plan, tastes good and is satisfying. This one fits the bill! I make a batch or two, freeze them and on those rushed morning, I just place it on a paper towel and pop it into the microwave till heated and I am quickly on my way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped (approx. 1 c.)
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper, diced (or 1 finely chopped and seeded jalapeno)
- 1/3 cup ham, finely diced (or cooked and crumbled sausage or bacon)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 4 ounces ham, deli ham, thinly sliced (approx. 8 slices)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, combine all the ingredients (except ham slices) and stir well.
- 3Lightly grease or spray muffin tin (you will need 8 wells) You can use foil muffin liners, but be sure to spray them with non-stick spray before filling and to remove the liners from the quiche BEFORE reheating them in microwave).
- 4Evenly divide the egg mixture between the 8 muffin wells (about 1/4 cup each), being careful to keep ingredients well dispersed and getting an equal amount of spinach in each well. You want them to be filled right to the top.
- 5Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. The tops should be puffed and just barely set on top. Eggs will sink after cooling.
- 6Store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze them (remember that when reheating in the microwave to make sure to take off the foil liners!).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Breakfast Quiches
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 211.4 mg
- Sodium 670.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.6 g