Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sometimes I need a quick grab and go breakfast that doesn't jeopardize my low carb eating plan, tastes good and is satisfying. This one fits the bill! I make a batch or two, freeze them and on those rushed morning, I just place it on a paper towel and pop it into the microwave till heated and I am quickly on my way!
- 8 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped (approx. 1 c.)
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, diced (or 1 finely chopped and seeded jalapeno)
- 1⁄3 cup ham, finely diced (or cooked and crumbled sausage or bacon)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 4 ounces ham, deli ham, thinly sliced (approx. 8 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients (except ham slices) and stir well.
- Lightly grease or spray muffin tin (you will need 8 wells) You can use foil muffin liners, but be sure to spray them with non-stick spray before filling and to remove the liners from the quiche BEFORE reheating them in microwave).
- Evenly divide the egg mixture between the 8 muffin wells (about 1/4 cup each), being careful to keep ingredients well dispersed and getting an equal amount of spinach in each well. You want them to be filled right to the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. The tops should be puffed and just barely set on top. Eggs will sink after cooling.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze them (remember that when reheating in the microwave to make sure to take off the foil liners!).