Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a variation of a recipe posted, but not so sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Hood carb countdown milk (now known as Hood Calorie Countdown)
- 1 cup davinci's or torani sugar-free syrup, flavor of your choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or your favorite)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Begin a teakettle to boiling for the water to put in the pan to bake the custards.
- Spray 6 custard cups with nonstick spray and place them in a roaster or (what I use) a glass pan.
- Combine cream, calorie countdown, and syrup in a heavy bottom sauce pan, and bring to a bare simmer( when it starts steaming, and the edges have little bubbles around them, it is time to turn off the heat.).
- In a 4 cup measuring cup beat the eggs and egg yolks together until the color lightens.
- Add 1/4 cream mixture to the eggs, whisking as you pour.
- Add the egg/cream mixture back to the sauce pan and mix well.
- Put a strainer over your 4 cup measure, and pour the egg/cream mixture back in to the measuring cup.
- Pour the custard into the custard cups.
- Pull your oven self out and place the pan on it, then add the boiling water to the pan. Enough to almost reach the level of the custard in the cups.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from pan of water with tongs, and place on a kitchen towel.
- Let cool a bit, and eat, it is good warm, or refrigerate.
- If you feel the "Splenda" aftertaste is too strong, refrigerate 24 hours. It usually gets a lot milder.
- The options for this custard are endless, and dependent on your own taste. I love plain vanilla with Jok n Al's fruit spread on it, butterscotch (takes away my cravings for pudding) Coconut, you name it. Enjoy.