Recipe by Fireflylover
This is a recipe that I make from time to time when I NEED to go back to lo carbing. It is simple and lasts for a few days in a plastic container. You can reheat them, just remember to peel off the cupcake liner first, if it is metallic. Nuke it for a minute or less.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
These were good but not great. I also used 3 eggs instead of whites. They definitely needed some more seasoning. I think I would add green onions, maybe some dill and a lot of pepper! Thanks for the idea! Made for PAC Fall 2012
- 1 lb sausage (your favorite breakfast type)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 large cupcake liners (I like the foil kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place liners in Jumbo sized muffin baking tin.
- Fry Sausage in skillet.
- Rinse browned sausage under hot water to remove any excess grease and set aside.
- Beat all eggs and Half and Half together.
- Divide sausage between the 6 cupcake liners.
- Top each with a little cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top until cups are about 3/4 full.
- Do not overfill or it will cook over the edge.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until well browned on top.