Recipe by mayday
I adapted this to cut all but veggie and cheese carbs out... for my pre- diabetic hubbie. please post your adaptations im still improving and this is a first run on this :)
- 3 eggs, -beaten
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (turkey, sausage, etc) or 1⁄2 lb meat, of your choice (turkey, sausage, etc)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (real is what we used)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheese, your choice (mozz, cheddar, or blended)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown 1 lb ground beef in skillet, (I boil mine in 2 cups of water its crumblier).
- in separate bowl beat 3 eggs and add crunched up pork rinds to egg.
- drain ground beef through a screen type strainer and add half the beef to egg pork rind mix salt and pepper as desired.
- this should be a thick gooey consistancy (like stuffing).
- press into the bottom of a square baking pan ( appx 8X8).
- in bowl beat other 4 eggs add remainder of ground beef, fresh broccoli (in small chunks 1" or less), bacon bits, spinach, cottage cheese and seasonings.
- -be sure to add salt and pepper to your family's tastes. I used 1/2 tsp of pensys fox point seasoning and 1/2 tsp of pensys bouquet guarni as well-.
- pour this mixture over the "crust".
- Top everything with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 mins- cheese should just be light browned.