1/3 Photos of Low Carb, Breadless Meaty Loaf
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This low-carb. option is delicious and pairs great with a vegetable side dish for dinner tonight! Made with hard boiled egg and ground-up pork rinds (I actually hate them by themselves) instead of bread or crackers makes this high in protein while avoiding the carbs that bread would add. My husband loved it and ate half the loaf when I last made it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups ground-up pork rinds
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon celery salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (can be found at international markets or in the international section of your local store)
- 1 cup water (or beef broth to surround loaf in shallow dish)
- 1Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2Add meats, chopped eggs, onion, celery salt and pepper into a large bowl blend together thoroughly .
- 3Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sambal oelek to the meat mixture.
- 4Right before baking, mix in the ground-up pork rinds, otherwise they will become soggy.
- 5Form meat mixture into loaf shape in baking dish and pour water or beef broth around loaf. (Make sure that loaf is no wider than 4 inches and no thicker than 2 inches, length does not matter).
- 6Cover dish with foil.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes at 360 Degrees.
- 8Take out of oven, uncover and check that meatloaf is to temperature, then place back in oven uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- 9Take out of oven and cover with 1/2 cup sauce mixture, making sure the loaf is coated thoroughly.
- 10Place back in over for 3-5 minutes on broil.
- 11Remove from oven, sauce should not be burned, only less watery.
- 12Remove from baking dish with spatula and let sit for 5 minutes then slice and serve, utilizing the leftover sauce as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb, Breadless Meaty Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.1
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 245.3 mg
- Sodium 770.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 48.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free maple syrup