Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am on a low carb diet, it works well, except I miss bread so badly !! I have been playing around with flax seed meal, but the taste is to strong for me so I came up with this today and it is delicious and still has the benifits of flax (high fiber)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
- 1 1⁄4 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon artifical artificial sweetener (or to taste)
- preheat oven to 300.
- grease a loaf pan lighty.
- Mix the dry ingredients is a medium bowl.
- in a small bowl whisk the eggs then add milk, vinagar and splenda.
- combine with dry ingredients.
- shape into 3x6 loaf if your loaf pan is bigger, just shape and place in middle of the pan.
- bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a thin knife comes clean.
This is truly a recipe that does not make a "loaf". It makes a pan of crumbs and that's all. It's very dry. How can you form a loaf out what the ingredients are? Impossible.
I am sorry, but this is horrible. Just out of the oven--and although it was a like a wooden log--it's fine, but when it cools down it tastes really strange. You chew and chew and chew... and it doesn't "break," like chewing gum or something--not sure how to describe the texture... This is the 3rd time I use almond meal--mine was fresh--and I do not like the texture or taste.
Made for New Kids on the Block. Not leaving any stars because I didn't have good luck with this ~ I think my almond meal may have been too old. Will buy some fresh almond meal and try again and then re-review.