Recipe by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
I am on a low carb diet, it works well, except I miss bread so badly !! I have been playing around with flax seed meal, but the taste is to strong for me so I came up with this today and it is delicious and still has the benifits of flax (high fiber)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
- 1 1⁄4 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon artifical artificial sweetener (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 300.
- grease a loaf pan lighty.
- Mix the dry ingredients is a medium bowl.
- in a small bowl whisk the eggs then add milk, vinagar and splenda.
- combine with dry ingredients.
- shape into 3x6 loaf if your loaf pan is bigger, just shape and place in middle of the pan.
- bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a thin knife comes clean.