Recipe by Shepardess
I found this recipe on a site - but the good thing is that it doesn't use Soy, so there is no nasty after-taste. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup water (warm - 125 degrees)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten, room temp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup protein powder
- 2 tablespoons yeast (or 2 packages yeast, RedStar seems to be best for breadmachines)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (the real stuff for the yeast to eat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 3 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 bread pans.
- Put water, cream and oil in bread machine. Add eggs, salt, then flours, protein powder and.
- sugar. make well in the center, and add yeast.
- Start bread machine on regular cycle - watch dough during the knead process and check for consistency - should be a "ball" -add water or flour depending on if it's too wet or too dry.
- Add SLOWLY!
- Let machine do 1st rise and punchdown then remove.
- Seperate into 3 bread pans. Let rise again until 1/2" - 1" over top of bread pan. Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.
- 1168 Calories (kcal); 81g Total Fat; (62% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 80g Carbohydrate; 537mg Cholesterol; 1232mg Sodium.
- NOTES : Jury is still out on the carb count for high gluten flour - it seems to range from 64 per cup to 85 per cup -- so it is not included in the above total -- but even at the highest of 85 per cup, 60 slices (20 per loaf), the total is only 4 carbs per slice!
- Counts used for this recipe: 54 per cup of oat flour, 8 per cup of protein powder.
- This has a little heavier texture than traditional white bread, more like a bagel -but the taste is incredible! No nasty soy aftertaste. I used vanilla protein powder which gave it a bit of a sweet taste.