Recipe by Chef Boy of Dee's
we got this recipe from (who know where)...and we tweeked it up with a little more dressing and an usual twist. Most of these dressings call for cider or white wine vinegar. We opted to go with red wine vinegar with garlic. It gives the finished product a weird color, however the final taste is very tasty and garlicky...you will also notice the absence of any sugar. The recipe calls for pepper, however my DG doesn't care for pepper, so I leave it out for her. It is tasty either way. ENJOY!!!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 lb high quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces white wine or 3 ounces garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 6 ounces high quality olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a small bowl, crush garlic with a garlic press (you can also use crushed garlic for this -- the taste will be milder, this is what we prefer).
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- Add mustard and stir in blue cheese. Refrigerate 2 hours to let flavors blend.