Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cook time does not include marinading time. From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 0 net carbs, 0 total carbs, 0g fiber, 42g protein, 13g fat, 300 calories
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine, such as merlot, chianti or 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped fresh or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Combine wine, rosemary, oil, mustard, splenda, worcestershire sauce, and garlic in large resealable plastic bag.
- Seal bag and knead to mix marinade.
- Add steak, reseal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hrs, but preferably overnight.
- Prepare medium-high heat grill; oil grill rack.
- Remove steak from marinade and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Discard the marinade or boil it for 3-4 min to serve with steak.
- Grill steak until done to taste, about 5 min per side for med-rare.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and let sit 10 minute.
- Thinly slice diagonally across the grain.