Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this dressing recipe in a junior league cookbook and adjusted it to fit our low carb diet. I always make this for special meals like Easter or Christmas.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 8 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 2 ounces toasted sliced almonds
- Combine oil, Splenda, mustard, onion, garlic salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Process until blended.
- Combine greens, bacon, cheese and almonds.
- Add 1/2 of the dressing; toss to coat.
- Add more dressing, if desired.
I made the dressing and just put on greens. I did cut the Splenda down to 1/2 cup but next time I would cut it down even more as it was still a bit sweet for me. I used canola oil and red wine vinegar. I enjoyed this but also just made the dressing on the side. Will make this again.
Very good salad! I followed the other reviewers' advice and cut down on the splenda - I only used about 1-2 packets. I'm not a swiss cheese fan so I didn't use the full 4 oz. I also left out the almonds, only because I didn't have any on hand. I've made this several times, regardless if I'm following a low carb diet or not. My friends loved it as well!
Oh my this had way too much splenda in it and so, so sweet. I made the recipe for the dressing and served it over spinach, tomatoes, zucchina, bacon and red onion salad. Wish I would have read the other reviews and cut back on the splenda. Thanks for sharing. Made for "The Love Train" event.