Recipe by Mercy
This was one of the first dishes that I prepared with rutabaga and I was so delighted with the outcome!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cansliced stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (Be careful! They are tough veggies to dissect!)
- 2 medium zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown stew beef in olive oil on all sides over medium-high pot.
- Add tomatoes, broth, spices and enough water to cover beef.
- Turn heat down and simmer for about 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add rutabaga and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add diced zucchini and simmer for 30 more minutes (adding more liquid, if necessary, to cover the veggies).
- Taste for seasonings and adjust to personal preference.