1/2 Photos of Low-Carb Beef Stroganoff
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." "This is one of the many quick and easy beef recipes that tastes fabulous with minimal effort thanks largely to sour cream. You can fix this meal in less than 30 minutes...The dish is absolutely best if you use beef tenderloin." Wondra is a brand of instant flour, which is a low-protein flour used to thicken sauces (it dissolves well).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound meat thin. Cut in strips about 1/4" wide and 2" long. Put on a large plate and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. If you have time, refrigerate meat for an hour or longer.
- 2Wipe mushroom clean with a damp paper towel. Trim off hard ends of stems.
- 3Heat a large, heavy skillet on medium-high. Add the oil. Quickly brown the meat in the hot oil on both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove meat to a holding plate.
- 4Add the butter to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the beef stock and stir to loosen particles on the bottom of the skillet. Add the flour and stir into the broth. Simmer for about 2 minutes on low.
- 5Add meat and the sour cream and heat through. Adjust seasoning, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Carb Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.0
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 180.4 mg
- Sodium 316.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: