Recipe by qtcristyme
This Vietnamese dish is delicious by itself and has been my stand alone meal of choice for years.
- 8 cups water
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups low-carb pasta, carb-free miracle noodles
- 1⁄2 lb roast beef (squat thin slices)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (or add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (or add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or add more to taste)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (or add more to taste)
- 1⁄8 cup fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all broth ingredients in a large pot.
- Heat on high until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Reduce to low and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, separate 'bowl' ingredients into either 2 or 4 bowls.
- Once broth is sufficiently simmered bring back to a boil and ladle on top of ingredients in bowls.
- Add into your own bowl whatever from the add in list you like, to taste. Adding more Sambal, Sriracha, jalepenos or chili oil will make it more spicy while adding more soy or Hoisin will make it more salty. Squeeze lemon into bowl and discard lemon after.