1/4 Photos of Low Carb Beef and Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake!
This recipe was inspired by my favourite pasta recipe that was posted by Beck D called Beef and Pasta Bake - the Best! Beef and Pasta Bake - the Best!. Vegetarians can omit the beef. This is my low carb dream come true. Whenever I am craving a cheesy, ground beef pasta dish this is the one I turn to. This is a version that my husband actually prefers to pasta (yes, I am dumbfounded too)....hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb minced ground beef
- 1 (24 ounce) can prepared low-carb spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large pan; cook onion, garlic, carrot and celery, stirring often until onion and celery are clear.
- 3Add hamburger and cook until no pink remains.
- 4Drain, then add sauce, and oregano and simmer, covered, about 15 mins or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- 5While beef mixture is simmering, cut the squash in half and carefully remove the seeds.
- 6Be sure to cut around the edge so you don't cut into the squash itself.
- 7Place face down in microwaveable casserole dish, add 1 inch of water and cover.
- 8Microwave on high for approx 10 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- 9(Alternately, you can cook the same way in the oven for 30 min).
- 10Let cool and carefully remove inside of squash with fork or spoon.
- 11It will look a lot like cooked spaghetti and come out in strands.
- 12Let squash strands drain well.
- 13Stir spaghetti squash into beef mixture, then spoon into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- 14Bake, uncovered, for 15 mins or until browned slightly.
- 15Top with parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste when serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Beef and Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake!
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.6
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 390.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-carb spaghetti sauce