Recipe by dave27th
-Carb count per serving :9.4 minus 4 grams fiber= 5.4 carbs & 19.1 gr. protein Found this on www.lowcarb.ca, where it was posted by Atomhockeymomm. I found this to be as good as any non-lowcarb stir fry
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a tasty and satisfying meal. I took other reviewer's suggestion and doubled the sauce, which I am so glad that I did. I also made this for a serving for 4. I ended up using frozen broccoli crowns that I steamed in the microwave. I julienned the carrots, as well. I served this with some brown rice, and it was a big hit!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup onion, wedges
- 6 ounces sirloin steaks, boneless,strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon guar gum or 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- -In a 10" skillet or wok heat the oil;add the prepared vegetables.
- -Cook,stirring quickly& frequently until vegies are crisp tender& onions are browned.
- -Stirin the beef strips,cook till desired doneness.
- -Ina small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch; add to the beef mixture& cook stirring constantly until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes.