When I first made this recipe, I couldn't wait to have my friends who aren't on a low carb diet try it - because you literally can't taste that it's not potatoes! And I was right! They didn't believe me that it was cauliflower and kept on trying to steal more bites of it at lunch. It's SO rich and creamy, and with a bite from the garlic and fresh basil, I guarantee you're going to be making this every night (I do!) You don't even need salt or pepper.
- Clean and cut up cauliflower and add into a pot of boiling, salted water.
- Boil for about 15 minutes but don't let the cauliflower get too soggy. It should still be firm when you take it out.
- Drain very well.
- In a food processor add in the basil, garlic cloves (2 if you like a nice bite!), parmesan and course until well blended.
- Then add in the neufchatel cheese and the cooked cauliflower.
- Pulse until smooth and serve!
- (Optional: I like to run a knife through a few sundried tomatoes and add for taste and color - makes a very Italian low carb meal!).