Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." This is a delicious barbecue sauce you can whipup quickly and use to baste spareribs as they bake."
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan and simmer on very low for about 45 minutes. Stir often. You can prepare this sauce up to several days ahead of time. Chill until needed or freeze.