- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits ("real" bacon bits must be moist)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese (or other)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg, cream, water, thyme and pepper.
- Pour into greased pie dish. Sprinkle the bacon bits evenly over the mixture. Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the mixture.
- Bake until golden and custard is set (about 40 - 50 minutes). Allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy.
- Only 2 grams of carbs per serving.