Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are some of the reveiws from the LCF site of this recipe. "I tried this recipe for my family and they all loved it! They said they couldn't tell that I used eggs instead of tortillas. I would highly recommend this to anyone - low carbers or not." "I make this recipe all the time...my family loves it...actually, my son and DIL(who don't lo-carb) request this quite often when they come over for dinner...they like it better than "regular" enchiladas because they don't fall apart and you really can't tell the difference in the taste! Truly AWESOME recipe!!!" This recipe had 21 reviews on LCF, all positive! Rated 9.3 out of 10
- 1 lb ground beef (1 to 2 lbs)
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Start the beef browning over medium heat.
- Break eggs into mixing bowl and add cream.
- Beat on high speed till well blended and all yellow.
- Heat up crepe pan or small skillet and add some of the butter.
- You will need to re-butter the pan several times.
- Pour just enough egg mixture over the pan to coat.
- Allow to cook through, you may turn it, but don't have to.
- This will make approx 6 small crepes.
- ***If using dry enchilada mix, prepare as per pkg direction.
- Drain ground beef and add a small amount of sauce.
- Place a crepe inside a baking dish and coat with small amount of sauce.
- Add beef and roll.
- When all are rolled add remaining beef and sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped green peppers and cheese.
- Bake 350ºF for 10-15 min or until cheese is melted and a little bubbly.
- Serve with favorite fixings: sour cream, lettuce, olives, guacamole, etc.
- Carbs: 6g carbs total.
AWESOME! Was fun to make, and it tasted great. Perfect for my diabetic boyfriend! Can't wait to make this again, thanks for the recipe!
This recipe is soooo good! My hubbie was even pleasantly surprised. I will definitely make again.
What a great low carb recipe! This far exceeded my expectations and was just as good as the traditional enchilada recipes!