Recipe by cookin' from scratch
Slightly adapted from the Food Network's "Low Carb and Loving It". Recipe is posted using regular milk in order to get nutrition info-using low-carb milk will lower net carbs per muffin by about 1.
Top Review by Cupcake-Princess
I'm not going to give stars to this recipe yet until I try it again. The flavor of these muffins were really good. I was kinda scard on how they would taste after tasting the batter, but they turned out tasting pretty close to a regular muffin. I liked how they were made with all soy flour instead of a mix of soy and regular flour. I just used 2 eggs then used 1 mashed banana plus an extra 1/2 tsp. of baking powder for the other 2 eggs. Also, intead of splenda I used a 1/2 cup organic sugar. These did not turn out for me though, it may be because of all the changes I made (but they still tasted really good!). I think the batter needs to be thicker so the blueberries dont sink to the bottom and make the bottom wet and soggy. I will be making these again, adding more flour next time. Thanks! Can't wait to try this recipe again and give it 5 stars!
- 2 cups soy flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute, cup-for-cup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup club soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a bowl using a wire whisk, mix all ingredients, except the blueberries, until well blended.
- Fold in the blueberries and fill the muffins cups evenly with the batter.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before refrigerating.
- Notes: Adding wheat gluten will make the muffins fluffier and help them stick together better, but the recipe works without it.
- I also made these substituting flavored Splenda syrup for the club soda and powdered Splenda, with good results.