Prep 8 mins
Cook 16 mins
I found this online and made a couple minor changes to make it even lower in carbs. It is really very, very good!It is very low in carbs.
- Heat olive oil in a 10 inch oven proof pan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, reduce heat and cook, covered until it is barely tender, about 6 minutes.
- Pour in eggs and cook until almost set, but still slightly runny on top, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs and put in oven to broil until cheese is melted and browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slide onto a serving plate; cut into wedges.
Great Frittata I cut the recipe in half - no problem. I used canned asparagus (had one in the cupboaed for years) not as good as the fresh would be, The taste is still great but the appearance would be nicer with fresh. I used lite Havarti cheese. This made a lovely light dinner.