Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice casserole for breakfast or dinner!
- 1 lb ham, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped (or 6 green onions, sliced into rounds)
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (8 ounces) or 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (8 ounces)
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, small curd
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and then transfer to a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the mixture is set and bubly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I am doing a low carb "phase" this week, and was looking for something new to try. This was very easy to make, and quite good. I used frozen chopped cauli and onions, and bought some diced ham, so it was VERY quick to throw together. However, I personally need more spice in my food than the average person. After tasting it, I added garlic, a bit of sea salt, and some crushed red pepper. Just right! :-)
I am not a low-carb fanatic. I made this simply because I love cauliflower. This turned out great. I used the regular onion plus some green onion; it was tasty! This would make a wonderful breakfast or brunch casserole. It's delicious even if you don't worry about carbs. Thanx!