Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Santiago1 said "Some of the reviewers on the site also added baking powder and baking soda". I found this recipe on Obesity Help. The recipe was posted by Santiago1. I haven't not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- additional Splenda sugar substitute, for decorating
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Stir together flour and Splenda. Blend in butter, egg and vanilla until well mixed. Form into 1-inch balls on a cookie sheet and flatten each with a fork. Sprinkle with additional Splenda.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire racks to cool.
DO NOT add one cup Splenda. I made this recipe (sort of) but changed it quite a bit. I added 1/4 cup Splenda and they were very sweet. Also I doubled the butter (why not if you're on Atkins) and added a good amount more almond flour until it seemed more like cookie batter. After that they were quite good. Must really keep an eye on them, as they will burn easily.