Recipe by Barkparkbarb
This is a delicious low carb muffin recipe that can easily be changed to other yummy versions, simply by changing the flavors, such as lemon poppy-seed or orange and dark chocolate chip. This recipe makes four muffins but you can halve it to make 2, or double it to make 8. Very easy. I make my own almond flour from raw nuts in a coffee grinder dedicated to food items, but you can also buy it already ground such as Bob's Red Mill brand.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons raisins, either regular or 3 tablespoons golden raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, mix together first six ingredients. In a seperate small bowl mix eggs and vinegar, pour liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together using a spatula or wooden spoon. Mix in the raisins, and pour into muffin tin lined with 4 paper liners. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.