Still working on the perfect Keto cookie, I changed up my original recipe. This cookie comes out soft on the inside, so some might call it a biscuit cookie. Either way, it's great when you're not eating carbs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine and mix all dry ingredients.
- Add softened butter and rub into dry ingredients until even (produces a slightly grainy texture).
- Add egg whites and mix well.
- Using a leveled tbsp, plop dough onto parchment paper. Press each cookie down with a fork. You can use your fingers to fix the shape.
- Bake 18-20 minutes depending on desired -- brown-ness I guess. I like mine darker, so 20 minutes is good and still gives you a soft middle.
- Remove to cool on a wire rack and munch away.
- Notes: I used natural almond flour, not blanched, so my cookies are dark to begin with. I think either would be fine for the recipe.
- I suggest melting some dark chocolate and dipping the cookies in half way for extra yumminess. Lindt 85%, 90% or even 99% would be good depending on your needs.
- Totals per cookie: 63 Calories, 5g Fat, 3g Protein, 2 Carbs, 1 Fiber, .73 Net Carbs. If you count Truvia, net carb is 2.33g per cookie.
I made these cookies with a few changes. used 2 whole eggs , 1 tsp of good vanilla, 1/2 tsp butter extract . I also added 25 drops of liquid splenda, a pinch of salt and pecans instead walnuts. I smashed them with a fork and sprinkled cinnamon on top.They taste like an oatmeal cookie. I will be making these again . maybe a little more butter for moisture. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.