1/3 Photos of Low Carb Almond Cookies
During the holidays my family has a longstanding tradition of baking cookie trays for family and friends. This year, my circle includes a friend who has been advised by her doctor to dramatically reduce her carbohydrate intake. Not wanting to leave her out of the cookie circle, I tracked this recipe down on the web and have posted it here for others interested in low-carb baking. The resulting cookie is a little crumbly like a shortbread with a soft nutty flavor. I like the variation, my own, of adding the egg as the cookie holds together more and has a thin marzipan like center. A bit too rich for my low-fat taste buds but a certain hit for a low-carb diet. According to the recipe these have about 2.7g carbs per cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/2 cup softened butter, replace with what ingredient (if you want cookie that holds together a little more easily replace 2 tablespoons of butter with 1 l)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if using salted butter, omit salt here)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Using and electric mixer blend softened butter for a minute. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- 3Form dough into walnut sized balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet. The oil from the butter and almond flour grease the sheet as the cookie bakes.
- 4Bake for 5 minutes. Press down lightly with fork, then continue to bake another 18 minutes. The cookies do not brown.
- 5Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing.
- 6For a more festive look, you can drizzle a little melted chocolate (sugar-free, of course) on top.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Almond Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 123.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: