1/1 Photo of Low Calorie Whole Wheat Bread
4 hrs 45 mins
This came from http://recipes.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Low_Calorie_Whole_Wheat_Bread_Recipe Posted because I needed a calorie counter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in a small amount of water or, if you are using dry yeast, bloom the yeast as the package instructs.
- 2Using the 1 or 2 setting on your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment in place, add the water and yeast to the bowl of your mixer.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Once the dough is formed to a smooth dough, turn it out onto your work surface.
- 5Place the dough into an oiled bowl and cover and place in a warm draft free location.
- 6When the dough has doubled in size, punch the dough down by pushing your fist into the center of the dough.
- 7Let it rise again and take it out of the bowl. Separate into 3 1-pound loaves. You can place the loaves into loaf pans if you like.
- 8Let the bread proof until doubled in size again. Putting them in an oven that has not been turned on is a good place for this.
- 9Take the proofed loaves out of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 10I like to egg wash the bread and then slash it, but you can skip the wash if you like.
- 11Bake until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 1895.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 188.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 36.9 g